As a small business owner, finding new customers can take work. Nextdoor is a social platform where people in the same and surrounding communities can connect and share news. Business owners can take advantage of Nextdoor by using their Business Post feature. Reach people in your community instantly and start getting new customers!
What are Nextdoor Business Posts?
Nextdoor introduced Business Posts in June of 2020 to help support small business owners during COVID-19. Businesses get unlimited posts to their immediate neighborhood and connections, but they require a claimed and verified local business page to begin.
Who will see your Nextdoor Business Posts?
Business posts will reach all neighbors within two miles of the selected neighborhood. That appears to be the maximum radius, so it won’t address all the areas of a service-area business.
How do you create a Business Post?
Once an account is created for the business, decide on the kind of post to create and share (Update, Photo, Event, Question, Article, or Job Posting), enter a title and description, and choose your audience (neighborhood).
Best practices and tips from Nextdoor:
- Posts that are community-focused, kind, and informative receive more engagement than explicitly commercial posts.
- Post between 5–7 p.m. for higher engagement.
- Posts on Thursday and Friday see more engagement than other days.
- Post at least once every two weeks.
- Posts with photos and business pages with profile photos are visited more and have greater engagement.
Ready to get help with all things marketing? Reach out to Townsquare Interactive! Over 24,000 business owners choose us month over month to help grow their companies.